Introduction to Human Rights
Human Rights – Law and Practice: An introductory course for judges in Africa
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the course are:
- to develop a broad knowledge of Human Rights Law at an international, regional and national level.
- to equip judges to apply Human Rights norms and principles in their daily work thereby
- strengthening and promoting the Rule of Law.
By the end of the course participants will have a broad knowledge of Human Rights law and should be able to:
- Identify and apply relevant international, regional and national human rights law in their daily decision making.
- Apply human rights principles where specific provisions are lacking or unclear.
Length of course